Year 7 Curriculum Information Evening for Parents
On Monday 19 March, St Johns College will host a Year 7 Curriculum Information Evening commencing at 7pm.
It will be held in the Barbara Amos Hall.
The evening is designed to:
- provide information on the learning that will be taking place in each subject area, and
- provide strategies that will enable parents to assist and encourage their child's learning.
The format of the evening will be:
- Brief introduction (Mrs Jennifer Furney, Year 7 Coordinator)
- Overview of the Year 7 Curriculum (Mr Mark Scullard, Curriculum Coordinator)
- Short presentation from each of the Key Learning Area Coordinators – this will include an introduction of the
teachers who are part of the Year 7 Learning and Teaching teams.
- General information
- Accessing and navigating the College website
- Helping your child to access the Student Resources site
- Booking Parent / Teacher Interviews
At the conclusion of the evening there will be an opportunity for an informal meet and greet with Year 7 teachers
and KLA Coordinators.
It would be appreciated if you could RSVP your attendance at the Year 7 Curriculum Information Evening by
3pm on Thursday 15 March.