Socktober is an initiative of Catholic Mission and one way which your school can fundraise and engage in advocacy and formation activities for Catholic Mission during World Mission Month in October. The sock it to something concept is an Australian expression that means to fight, punch or strike out at. For example, each year Socktober will sock it to social issues such as poverty, child labour, child trafficking and homelessness. We want you to help us fight, punch or strike out at social issues, but we also need your practical support. We as a College community will do some fundraising activities in Week 2 of Term 4 to assist Catholic Mission “Sock it to Poverty”.
Top Fundraising Ideas
1. Crazy sock day, where everybody brings in a gold coin to wear crazy socks.
2. Each Homeroom will be given a crazy sock to pass around the Homeroom. The Homeroom that collects
the most will be announced and a possible prize given.
3. A cake stall on day during Week 2 of Term 4.
4. A sock handball tournament one lunch.
5. Collection boxes at canteen for students place any change.
With the handball competition Mrs Burden and I will ask for nominations this week. It will be based on a House Competition. During Week 1 next Term competitors will play against other competitors from their own House until we have a winner. There will be a winner from each House to play off in a Grand Final during Week 2 of Term 4.
Each competitor will be asked to pay $1.00 at time of nomination. There will be a canteen voucher for First Prize but the rest of the proceeds will go to Catholic Missions.