Dear Families, Students and Staff,
The NSW Premier has just announced that the lockdown in Regional NSW will continue until the 10th September. Whilst many of us living here in Dubbo would not be surprised by the need for a continuation of the lockdown- we recognise that for some, this might be challenging news to hear. We wish to assure all of our families that we are here to support your sons and daughters in their learning, their connection to our community and most importantly, their wellbeing. Please continue to keep in touch with us and let us know if there is anything that we can do to support your young people.
Over the last three nights we have hosted our Parent Q & A webinars for all of our Year groups. These sessions have been really well attended and I thank our families for taking the opportunity to attend and ask questions. These have been a great way to connect with our community. We have really appreciated the feedback and the opportunity to talk with families who had questions about remote learning, wellbeing and year group specific questions. I will include an overview of these sessions below for those families who were unable to attend.
We know lots of families in our community have been in one way or another affected by this pandemic- we continue to pray for all members of our community during this time. If you need any support because of the impact of this pandemic on your family please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
OVERVIEW of the Q & A Parent webinars from this week
Year 12 news
- Continue preparing our students for the HSC exams
- Encourage all students to apply for early entry to give them more options post the HSC- there is still time to apply- please make contact with Patricia Strahorn via firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to discuss early entry processes, options or career opportunities for your son or daughter.
- Study schedules and planners will support students in mapping out their goals and enable students to ‘chunk’ their studies to avoid feeling overwhelmed
- We are developing plans to celebrate the Year 12’s end of schooling and will release these in the coming weeks- be assured we will find a way to enable students to engage in the ‘rites of passage’.
Year 11 news
- Year 11 exams will begin Monday Week 9
- ZOOM session tonight (Thursday 26th August) at 7.30pm to explain the process
- Student leadership processes will be outlined to students over the coming days
- Focus now should be on preparing for exams
Stage 5 update (Year 9 and 10)
- Year 10- Students completed their subject selections for Year 11 earlier in the term- we will work with students early next term in regards to the lines and students evaluating their choices.
- Year 9- subject selections for Year 10 will be online. We will send details to those families and students this week advising how to access.
- Year 9- students will be able to select three electives for next year- including options to undertake accelerated courses which could see them complete those HSC subjects in Year 11
- An outline the wellbeing supports in place were explained- wellbeing surveys that can be found on the students COMPASS homepage can be undertaken at 8.30am every morning- these surveys will enable us to touch base with students who indicate that they need support
- We continue to offer counselling services for those students who need it
Stage 4 Update (Year 7 & 8)
- Subject selections for Year 8 students going into Year 9 next year will be occurring in the next 2 weeks. Specific and detailed information will be sent out to families later this week.
- Subject selections for Year 7 students going into Year 8 for next year will occur towards the end of the term. Specific and detailed information will be sent out to families towards the end of Week 9.
- Encouraged to email class teachers or Year Leaders if you have any concerns or questions.
Stay safe everyone, take care and God bless,