Dear Students & Families of Year 8 & 9
Due to the current constraints restricting people’s ability to gather, the Stage 5 subject selection process has been converted to an online process. The Subject selection portal has been opened for students this morning and students are invited to select their choices via the link that has been sent to them via emails.
To assist students and parents / guardians in this process, a range of documents and presentations have been placed on the College website
There are two initial presentations I would strongly encourage you to view prior to accessing the subject specific online information:
- Principal Presentation, which addresses:
- Benefits of why we are making changes to elective structure
- Benefits of the diversity in electives (enrichment courses)
- Details and benefits of acceleration into stage 6 courses for students
- Who the accelerated Stage 6 course are aimed at
- Accessing subject specific information and submitting final selections
- What electives are available
- Contacting KLA Leaders for further subject information
- How to access and submit subject selections online
- Priority order of subject selections (picking reserves)
- How subject lines are developed
All Year 8 and 9 students have the option to choose three electives. The portal will remain open until Friday 3rd September 2021. If you have any questions or wish to speak to someone about your choices please ensure that you book an appointment via COMPASS bookings. These meetings will occur on Wednesday 1st September if you wish to attend. Happy selecting!